Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Master Bedroom: The Inspiration


It has been my intention for a long time to make some changes in our master bedroom.  However, my husband's decorating philosophy is; 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' so it has never been high on the priority list.  We have some great furniture pieces in our room that was a generous gift from my in-laws for our wedding 11 years ago that are still in perfect condition. The only problem is they are not entirely 'my style'.  They were selected before we were even living in our first house, when I was 19 and didn't really know what my style was.   For my birthday this year all I wanted was permission to change our master bedroom.  How could he refuse such a simple request?

So I knew I wanted to change things, but to what? I soon began gathering ideas together to be a starting point for our master bedroom.  And what better way to keep all those ideas together in one place than pinterest.


In-spi-ra-tion:  a stimulant to creative action.


Lets take a look:



A real hodge-podge of things going on.  Yes, there is even a kitchen in my master retreat board.  I'll explain.

I plan to build a bed!  Not just a headboard with a bedskirt to cover the metal frame that holds up the box spring.  But an actual bed. 

Restoration Hardware
         A wood headboard, upholstered rails and wood feet.

Restoration Hardware




Some possible Headboards.
The Inside Story
McGill Design Group


Source Unknown
And since I will be working with my existing furniture and adding some new things in (ie. new bed) here is some inspiration for mixing wood tones, and new and old wood.

Its a start.  It gave me enough direction to make a plan. 

"Inspiration is fuel for taking positive action and moving forward in a new direction."

No comments:

Post a Comment